"A Walk Down Memory Lane"

Tuzhe pata hai tune kiska catch chhoda hai!!!!!!!!  

Posted by Asim Padh in



I ought to post this thing on my blog...To many he is a legend but 2 me he is God!!!!!!

@Navjot Singh Sidhu
India me aap PrimeMinister ko ek Baar Katghare me khada kar sakte hain..Par
Sachin Tendulkar par Ungli nahi utha Sakte..

@Border : Well yes, but imagine what he'll be like when he's 28. I'd like to see him go out and bat one day with a stump. I tell you he'd do okay.".

@Steve Waugh: "You take Don Bradman away and he is next up I reckon."

@Adam Hollioke: "In an over I can bowl six different balls. But then Sachin looks at me with a sort of gentle arrogance down the pitch as if to say 'Can you bowl me another one?'"

@Shane Warne: "I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don't think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player."

@Hashim Amla
"Nothing bad can happen to us if we're on a plane in India with Sachin
Tendulkar on it."
Hashim Amla, the South African batsman, reassures himself as he boards a
flight

@Andrew Symonds wrote on an aussie t-shirt he autographed specially for Sachin "To Sachin, the man we all want to be"


@BBC on Sachin
Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there
is something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure. Something
that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even
those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When
he goes out to bat, people switch on their TV sets and switch off their
lives "


@Wasim Akram to Abdul Razzaq
"Tuzhe pata hai tune kiska catch chhoda hai?" when the latter dropped Sachin's catch.

@Brian Charles Lara again
Sachin is a genius. I'm a mere mortal.

@Mark Taylor
"We did not lose to a team called India...we lost to a man called Sachin" -
Mark Taylor, during the test match in Chennai (1997)

@M. L. Jaisimha:
"The more I see of him the more confused I'm getting to which is his best
knock."

@McGrath
"The joy he brings to the millions of his countrymen, the grace with which
he handles all the adulation and the expectations and his innate humility -
all make for a one-in-a-billion individual,"

@Wife Anjali
"I can be hundred per cent sure that Sachin will not play for a minute
longer when he is not enjoying himself. He is still so eager to go out
there and play. He will play as long as he feels he can play,"

@HAYDEN -
"I HAVE SEEN GOD, HE BATS AT NO.4 FOR INDIA"

@Tendulkar's daughter, Sara
"Even my father's name is Sachin Tendulkar."
tells her class her father's name after the teacher informs them of a restaurant of the same name in Mumbai

@KUMBLE
I am fortunate that I've to bowl at him only in the nets!

@ shahrukh
quoting Shahrukh from an interview
Que: Who do you think as most important celebrity ?
Shahrukh: There was a big party where stars from bollywood and cricket were
invited. Suddenly, there was a big noise, all wanted to see approaching
Amitabh Bachhan.
Then Sachin entered the hall and Amitabh was leading the queue to get a
grab of the GENIUS!!

@waqar younis
He can play that leg glance with a walking stick also .

@ a banner once said-
'I WILL SEE GOD WHEN I DIE BUT TILL THEN I WILL SEE SACHIN ' that quiet defines Sachin-The greatest.

@Allan Donald
Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel who has
many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered bowlers all over the
world

I was bowling to Sachin and he hit me for two fours in a row. One from
point and the other in between point and gully. That was the last two balls of the over and the over after that we (SA) took a wicket and during the group meeting i told Jonty (Rhodes) to be alert and i know a way to pin Sachin. And i delivered the first ball of my next over and it was a fuller length delevery outside offstump. And i shouted catch. To my astonishment the ball was hit to the cover boundary. Such was the brilliance of Sachin. His reflex time is the best i have ever seen. Its like 1/20th of a sec. To get his wicket better not prepare. Atleast u wont regret if he hits you for boundaries.

@Peter Rebouck - aussie journalist
On a train from Shimla to Delhi, there was a halt in one of the stations.
The train stopped by for few minutes as usual.
Sachin was nearing century, batting on 98. The passengers, railway
officials, everyone on the train waited for Sachin to complete the century.
This Genius can stop time in India!!

@NKP Salve, former Union Minister
This was when he was accused of ball tempering
"Sachin cannot cheat. He is to cricket what (Mahatma) Gandhiji was to
politics. It's clear discrimination. "

@Andy Flower:
There are 2 kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the
others.

when Sachin will retire the whole India will cry.....
I personally wish that day never comes. It would be one of the most disappointing days of my life. Ever since I started watching cricket, it was Sachin, Sachin & only Sachin who made me feel cricket so special. Sachin is only responsible for making cricket a religion in India. Whether he was injured, there was always a ray of hope that he comes back to team soon and when he is rested the charm of the match is surely missed. But after retirement, he will never be backing.If anyone wants to achieve anything in life, Sachin is the best example for them.
I feel most people find it hard to digest that Sachin will no more be a part of Indian cricket.I bet that will be a national holiday .Just imagine the day, when Sachin plays his last game. He comes to bat for the last time, and everybody in the stadium claps & the chants of SACHIN!!! Came for the last time after he gets out, while walking back to the pavilion, the entire crowd gives him a stand awaition. I will be in tears, millions of eyes wet watching their hero play for the last time. An era ends.The bond between every generation breaks. That day will be marked as the saddest day of Indian cricket...

This entry was posted on Thursday 22 October 2009 at 11:17 pm and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

sadddest day of cricket history perhaps

10/23/2009 1:24 am

Hey . Asim !!
It made me emotional .. !!
Thanks ..
Vivek

10/23/2009 12:06 pm

gr8 Job Asim!! To have that collection of quotes on The GOD.
By the kind of accolades he gets from the greats made my eyes wet. seriously!!

10/26/2009 1:31 am

Post a Comment