"A Walk Down Memory Lane"

Asim’s Life then and Asim’s Life now!!!!!!  

Posted by Asim Padh in




This seems to be the overriding message of Raju Hirani's light hearted and humorous film '3 Idiots’ that 'Life is all about listening to your heart and following your dreams' rather life being a race and if you do not run fast, others will pip you to the post. Life is one enigmatic journey. An enigma of its own kind. Each life is distinguished with its own set of characteristics, and uniqueness. Sometimes, the uniqueness of this journey makes it a tinge more complicated than its individual parts. And maybe at those times, fighting and moving ahead becomes essential. So essential that you cannot breathe unless you have made some silent yet huge compromises with your own self. And still, this journey which makes you do so much to yourself is enigmatic. And there is nothing even questioning the glory of this beautifully caked up walk in the natural plastic garden called “Human world”. For me life has changed a lot from then till now.

Then 1:-
--Blessed the earth on 14th November 1986. First son of my parents and hence a little pampered, especially by dad.


Now 1:-

--The day I blessed the earth remains the same. As far as my demands are concerned, there is slight change in the demands ...Maybe it is a little selfish on my part but I wish to be left out of all the mess. I want to be alone!

Then 2:-
--I cannot see two people quarrelling. I have this bad habit of poking my nose in other people’s business and making peace or at least trying to make peace.

Now 2:-
--I still cannot see two people fighting but now I do not poke my nose in between, have learned it that hard way.

Then 3:-
--I am very short-tempered and before I know that the temper is rising I hit the roof. I used to be a big mouth when angry but past few years, my angry moments are the most silent ones.

Now 3:-
--I am still short tempered BUT ... The bouts of anger have reduced a lot, thanks to a friend and trust me this makes life much easier. I have improved a lot! The tantrums have minimized, banging fists completely stopped :) so this means, you can come close to me when I am angry and you won't need a helmet :)

Then 4:-
--Friendships mean a lot for me. Though I have few close friends, I am friendly to everyone.

Now 4:-
--Even now, Friendships mean a lot for me. Often it has happened that my friendliness is taken in a wrong way by a few people and then unfortunately I have to get back into my shell, I need to do that for both myself and the opposite person.

Then 5:-
--I believe in flowing with the tide and take each day as it comes. But, there are moments when I reminisce about the past. The [g]olden days when I was a kid and was not exposed to the dreadful truths of life

Now 5:-
--I still believe in flowing with the tide. Believe in living in today. I have also learned that I can improve my tomorrow by the deeds of today and not repeat mistakes of the past.

Then 6:-
I am a nocturnal kind of person. I can stay awake the whole night but never get up early in the morning. I love to stay awake at night, watch the first ray of light and wish good morning to the sun and then sleep. When the whole world is asleep and I stay awake, it gives me peace of mind I cannot describe in words.

Now 6:-
--I am still a nocturnal kind of animal :) God knows if that is ever going to change!

That is all for now, 2 am here and now I intend to catch some sleep listening to music and hugging my new teddy “Iggy”. Oh God! How did I forget to tell you this? At 23, I still hug my pillow and sleep ;)) Got to go, pillow calling--aAp


This entry was posted on Thursday 11 February 2010 at 10:00 pm and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Anonymous  

Ya beta Time is great..It makes u perfect..This is the time to learn so many things...& u have been doing so....keep up....
uncle

2/12/2010 2:02 am

Post a Comment